Our Fire & EMS staff is committed to serving the community and providing the highest quality protection for our residents and their property with professionalism, expertise and compassion. The Trophy Club Fire Department has thirteen professional firefighters, who are all certified as Paramedics.
Town of Trophy Club Minimum Requirements
Applicants wishing to become a firefighter must meet the following requirements:
- High school graduation or its equivalent
- Minimum of 21 years of age
- Basic Certification from the State Commission on Fire Protection Personnel Standards and Education
- Certification as an Emergency Medical Technician by the Texas Department of Health Services
- Paramedic Certification by the Texas Department of Health Services
- Any equivalent combination of education and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Computer/Clerical Experience (Microsoft Word/Excel, phones, file, copy)
- Valid Texas Motor Vehicle Class B Operator's License or the ability to obtain within 3 months of hiring
- Certification of completion for physical agility testing from Tarrant County College, no more than one year old. If no certification or outdated certification, following the written testing the physical agility testing will be conducted onsite.
All certifications must be current and submitted at time of application for employment to be considered.
Physical Ability Test
The Town of Trophy Club will utilize Tarrant County College (TCC) to conduct Physical Agility Testing (PAT) for Firefighter/Paramedic applicants. Upon successful completion of the physical agility test, participants will be issued a completion certificate. The Town of Trophy Club will honor the PAT certificate for six (6) months from the date of issue when an opening for Firefighter/Paramedic is announced.
Next Agility Test Date: Please call TCC at (817) 515-7719
What do you need to do?
- Check the Employment Opportunities webpage for open positions.
- Register for the PAT, if needed please call TCC at (817) 515-7719
- Submit completed Notice of Interest application and PHS to HR no later than the posted closing date for the application process
Resources and Links:
Texas Commission on Fire Protection - for information on firefighter certification
Texas Department of State Health Services - for information on EMT-Basic and EMT-Paramedic certification
Contact Human Resources
Please feel free to contact HR with any questions you may have.