The Police Department operates the animal shelter in Trophy Club, which is managed by an Animal Control Officer. The following services are available:

  • No-fee Adoptions
  • Animal Control presentations to schools, civic groups, and other organizations
  • Wildlife trap rentals
  • Respond to stray dog complaints, investigate dangerous animals
  • Provide information on coexisting with wildlife
  • Accept surrendered animals
  • Register Rover, animal registration program.  More Info Here

We contract with a local animal control specialist who provides the following services:

  • Euthanasia
  • Acts as Local Rabies Control Authority
  • Handles wildlife trapped in resident owned traps
  • Educational presentations on request

Contact Information

Kristyn Dobson
Animal Control Officer
Office: 682.237.2969
Office Hours: Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.

1 Trophy Wood Drive
Trophy Club, TX 76262

Police dispatch: 972-434-5500 Option 9

Trapped Animals

Trophy Club residents may rent Town-owned traps for the humane capture of nuisance animals on their property. Traps shall not be rented for out of Town use.

A resident wanting to rent a trap must come to the Police Department, fill out the appropriate paperwork and pick up the trap at that time. Because of the Town-wide needs, we suggest that you call to see if traps are available. If they are not available the resident will be placed on a waiting list. Traps shall be rented on a first come first serve basis.

Traps shall be rented to one (1) resident for a maximum of seven (7) days after a $25.00 trap rental deposit is paid. Trap rental time may be extended if no other resident is on the trap rental waiting list. Citizens must leave a $25.00 deposit when renting a trap. The $25.00 deposit will be forfeited if the trap is: not returned within seven (7) days, the trap is damaged, stolen, or lost, or if police staff member has to retrieve the trap. The ACO or Administrative Assistant will handle all trap rentals and returns.

In the event that a citizen has trapped an animal in a Town-owned trap, the following procedure shall be followed: Domesticated animals shall be brought back to the police department and placed in a kennel by the ACO or an officer. Non-domesticated animals such as raccoons, foxes, bobcats, opossums, and armadillos will be taken to a non-residential area such as Trophy Club Park and released.

Skunks have to be euthanized and can not be released back into the wild. Town employees are prohibited from handling trapped skunks because of possible contamination. The euthanasia specialist shall be contacted for disposal. There is no charge assessed to residents for this service provided it is in a Town-owned trap.

Non-domesticated animals that have made their way into garages, homes, or other property may be caught and transported to Trophy Club Park. The officer may opt to advise the complainant to leave the area open so that the non-domesticated animal can leave the area at its discretion.

Animals trapped in privately owned traps are the responsibility of the resident. If the animal is a non-domestic animal, residents will be advised where they can safely release the animal. Domestic animals may be brought to the shelter. If the trapped animal is a skunk, the resident shall be given the number of the euthanasia specialist. There is a fee associated with this service that is paid directly to the specialist.

For questions, please call the Trophy Club Police Department.

Co-existing with Wildlife

As most of you already know, we share the wooded areas with a multitude of wildlife in Trophy Club, ranging from field mice to white-tailed deer. Living next to the Corp of Engineer property and the golf course allows foxes, coyotes, bobcats, and all wildlife easy access to our yards and properties. Most of these animals will hunt or stalk bird feeders for birds, squirrels, or other small rodents that come after the birdseed. Most of our experiences will be sightings, or occasionally some first-hand contact with some of the animals that show up around the house, dig in our flowerbeds and lawns, or get into our trash. Existing alongside these animals can be quite a chore at times but following a few simple rules will help lessen the chance of wildlife coming around your property:

Keep pet food up and inside. Do not leave food or water outside for your animals to eat. Food will attract furbearing animals that you do not want around your home.

Trash should be kept inside or in tightly closed containers. Trash will attract raccoons, opossums, crows, stray cats and dogs, and all other types of wildlife. Raccoons, skunks, and opossums will make their way into the garage after the family pet food or trash. Trash and food items also attract rodents into your garage or deck area, and rodents, in turn, will attract snakes, coyotes, foxes, and bobcats.

Do not allow any of your cats or small dogs to roam freely, even while in your presence unless very close to you. Coyotes have been seen as close at 30 yards, sitting and watching people with pets in the backyards. While they are not likely to attack your pet with you standing there, rest assured it may come back later to see if the pet is out by itself.

Dogs should always be on a leash. Coyotes are dogs, too, and they attract one another. Some coyotes have been seen around the Harmony Park area in the evening. Coyotes are curious by nature, and they will come to see what the noise is when children are playing in the park and will sit and watch as you walk your pet past them. Do not try to approach them, but rather yell loudly, clap your hands, and if possible, throw a rock or stick at them. Coyotes are becoming far too accustomed to us and no longer receive a negative reaction from us when we do see them. Always shout loudly or throw something at them. This action will condition them to stay away from humans.

Following some simple common sense rules will allow us to enjoy the wildlife and they, too, can enjoy us at a distance.

Should you encounter any sick or injured animals/wildlife, always call Police dispatch: 972-434-5500.

Feeding the Ducks & Geese

Please refrain from feeding birdseed, bread, popcorn or anything else to waterfowl. There are several reasons why feeding waterfowl is harmful.  If you have any questions, please contact the Trophy Club Animal Services Department at 682.237.2969.