The Board exists to allow residents to play a more active role and to provide direct citizen input to the Parks and Recreation Director for the development of parks and recreational facilities with the Town.
- advisory capacity to council
- advisory capacity to parks and recreation director
- study and development of recreation areas
- advise and recommend the development of long-range capital improvement programs
- cooperate with other governmental agencies, civic organizations and all citizens of the Town in the advancement of sound parks and recreation planning and programming
- recommend to Town Council amendments to the Parks and Recreation Ordinance
- annual reports to Town Council
- review and recommend proposed budget for the parks and recreation department
- adopt and recommend additional rules to Council as necessary
- recommend standards for areas, facilities, programs and financial support
- review the master planning guide and become familiar with such plan
- solicit grants
- develop and recommend written policies and procedures to Town Council
The Parks and Recreation Board usually meets the third Monday of each month at 7:00 p.m. in the Svore Municipal Building Boardroom. Check website for further details on meeting dates and times.
Tiffany Nimphius — Chair
Mindi Bone — Vice Chair
Dean Murray — Secretary
Earl Bilbrey — Board Member
Darin Davis — Board Member
Kim Farrell — Board Member
Jacob Gibson — Board Member
Philip Shoffner — Council Liaison
Please contact the staff liaison with comments or questions.
All Boards and Commissions are composed of several residents and a staff liaison.