The Trophy Club Explorer Post #953 is sponsored and sanctioned by the Trophy Club Police Department (TCPD) and The Boy Scouts of America. The program gives young people the opportunity to get a hands-on look at the law enforcement career field while learning the importance of serving the community.
Explorers learn about police procedures, train in situations that police officers encounter, ride patrol with officers, receive hands-on training from officers, observe actual police day-to-day operations and compete against other Explorer Posts in training competitions. Since its formation, Post #953 has hosted events, competitions, and projects that have made an impact in the North Texas area. In the fall of 2006, FOX 4 News featured the Trophy Club Explorer Post as the model post for modern police exploring.
Requirements to join the Explorer Program:
- Participants are 14-21 years of age (may be age 14 if currently a 9th grade student)
- Must show an interest in law enforcement and a willingness to learn
- Successfully pass a thorough background check and an oral review board
- Attend four (4) consecutive meetings prior to application
- Currently be enrolled in school (if applicable) with a satisfactory school record
- Ability to attend weekly meetings (Thursdays from 6:00 pm to 9:00 pm) and other scheduled post activities as required
For general questions or inquiries about joining the TCPD Explorer Program, contact:
Sergeant Tony Simmons, Post Advisor