Town staff has received a number of inquiries regarding the completion of SH 114 and the sound wall. Follow this web page for updates the Town receives from TxDOT.
July 19, 2017 Update:
TxDOT Public Information Officer Michelle Releford has let Trophy Club staff know that the overall project of the SH 114 construction and the sound wall is six months ahead of schedule — both elements are part of one project. The construction of the wall, weather permitting, should take no longer than three months. At this time, TxDOT is hopeful that the sound wall will be complete in October.
PIO Dallas District – Construction
June 2, 2017 Update:
May 24, 2017 Update:
Town staff has received a number of inquiries regarding the completion of SH 114 and the sound wall. After several meetings with TxDOT, we are able to give an update as to what to expect moving forward:
- SH 114 center lanes should open mid-May
- Drilling for the eastern wall (located between Trophy Club Dr. and Trophy Wood Dr.) should begin mid-June; drilling for the western wall (located between Trophy Lake Dr. and Trophy Club Dr.) should begin a couple of months after that
- Completion of all work on both walls is expected Spring 2018
- Walls will look like hand-laid stone of various sizes on both sides of the wall
- The general contractor, Mario Sinacola Companies, is going to avoid contact with property, trees, fencing, etc. belonging to residents as best they can; TxDOT has assigned an employee to contact residents on an individual basis if their property will be directly affected, such as trimming trees whose limbs extend into the construction area; these residents will be contacted as the contractor gets to them, rather than cutting all trees at once
Questions regarding the sound wall? Lisa Reich
(Follow-up to questions could take several days as staff may need to wait for official answers from TxDOT.)